Thursday, June 9, 2011

yesterday...

I filled over 500 water balloons and threw them at unsuspecting 12 year olds.


I washed my car with my sisters in our driveway.


And I started this blog.


So...a pretty productive day I suppose.


 Day UnoIntroduction, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts


Alright, here it goes...


My name is Arianna Larkin, but I usually go by Ari because:
1. it is easier to pronounce for most people
2. it is easier to remember
(i honestly think some people forget what my full name is sometimes..)


I am currently residing at my parent's house in St. George for the summer. My actual home is on campus at Utah State University in Logan Utah. I miss it terribly, but the break is very nice. I am able to spend tons of time with my family and can basically be a bum for a while, so I'm taking advantage of this for as long as possible :)


I am 19. My birthday is in February: a week before Valentine's Day. I am the oldest in my family of 4 kids. I have a younger brother and 2 younger sisters. They are a pain sometimes but I love em anyways. I also have a dog. He is legit. His name is Peanut ( i didn't name him btw ) and he enjoys watching Robin Hood a lot. 


I am a yellow person, which, according to the Color Code test, means I am a very active and friendly person. This is correct. I get bored very easily, and I have no shame. I don't get embarrassed in public. I laugh at myself all the time. I sing and dance all the time with knowledge that I am not adequate in either of those areas in the slightest. I love life, especially the part when I get to meet knew people and learn about them. People fascinate me. I think of every new person I meet as a puzzle. I start out not knowing what any of the pieces are, or what shapes go together, but with each new piece of information about them, I slowly figure out the person. 


Recent Picture of Me:
15 Facts:


1. I am LDS. In other words, I'm a Mormon. I love the gospel and the happiness it brings me. In the past I have had my struggles, as most members do. But my friends and family have always been there to help me through my hard times and be amazing examples to me. 


2. I only wear 3 kinds of shoes: Vans, Chucks, and Toms. Why? Because they are all comfortable and can easily be worn with anything. And they are stylish. I can't wear heels, because I am not coordinated enough to wear them, nor have I had the patience to 'practice' wearing them. I either wear sandals or Toms to church. It is amazing.


3. I don't watch a ton of tv like I used to. But I do have my favorite shows all year that I switch to once the other show season are over with. Right now, since it is summer time, my shows are So You Think You Can Dance and The Bachelorette. This is probably the only time I will ever watch The Bachelorette because I have never gotten into it  as much as this season. We will see though. During the year I also love Glee, Modern Family, and America's Best Dance Crew. 


4. I play drumset. And I love it. I was majoring in Percussion this past year so I could become a professional set player, but my interest has slightly changed to Music Therapy instead. I want to be able to bring joy to people through my music and help people that truly need it. I am now learning how to play the guitar for my major. I love it. I hope I will start to progress and be able to grow more as a musician through this next year.


5. I have a slight case of Insomnia, meaning I have trouble sleeping at night. I usually stay awake until 3 or 4 in the morning, and then wake up around 8. Am I ever tired? Nope. Over the years of having this problem my body has adjusted to working efficiently on only 4 hours of sleep ever night. Crazy, I know.


6. I LOVE Pokemon and Harry Potter. I know everything there is to know about Harry Potter. Everything. And I have played every Pokemon game ever made from the original Gameboy up to the DS. And have beaten them all. This goes to show that I'm a nerd. I also love playing video games, especially Halo (Reach and 3 are my favorites), Left 4 Dead, and Gears of War. Mario Kart and Smash Bros are also games I can never pass up.


7. I never get mad. This may sound weird, but I don't. I think that getting angry is a waste of energy and time that you can never get back. Holding grudges makes no sense to me, because in order to keep a grudge, you have to spend so much time reminding yourself why you are still mad at the person, and you have to avoid them at all costs, which I could be a pain in some situations I can imagine. So yah. If I do get mad it only lasts for a minute or so. I quickly get over it because being mad is a choice, and I would rather be happy :)


8. I hate it when people pop their fingers. The noise drives me crazy. And once someone starts popping their fingers, everyone around them has the urge to join in. The prolonged sound of crunching knuckles just doesn't sound pleasant to me. At all.


lol


10. I love making blanket forts. Ever since I was a little kid, forts have been the best thing ever to me. When I walk into rooms my brain immediately starts to think of how big of a blanket fort I could fit into the room. I made awesome forts at college this year that were all the rage. It was great :)


11. I love driving. My car is amazing. When I'm blasting my music with the windows rolled down, it's like I'm in heaven. I also love it when I am dancing to my music at a stoplight, and the people next to me roll down their windows and start to dance with me. This has happened 5 times this year, and all 5 of those days were amazing :)


12. I am extremely competitive. Usually in games that don't actually matter. I love winning, especially when boys lose to me. It's a pride issue, and I love it.


13. I hate shopping. Unless I know exactly what I want or need ahead of time. Otherwise I feel like it is a waste of time and money. 


14. I feel naked without earrings. My friend Hannah has made me feel this way over time. Earrings are essential to every outfit, for every day.


15. I brush my teeth more than 4 times a day. I love the feeling of clean teeth. And I hate it when after I eat something, I can still taste it in my mouth. Yuck. 




So there are some things about me :) maybe you all already knew these, maybe you didn't. Hope you enjoyed it. I'm tired of talking about myself :]

No comments:

Post a Comment