Monday, June 13, 2011

habits

I have a habit of worrying...about everything.

Sometimes, it drives me crazy, and doesn't make any sense.

And sometimes, I actually have a good reason to be worried.

I hope that isn't the case this time....


Day Cuatro: The Rents


So...now is the time I get to brag. I have the BEST parents. Ever.
They are accepting, loving, and always there for me.
I can tell them anything.
We make tons of jokes together.
They are amazing examples.
And they listen.

My Mom:



This is my mom.
A little bit about her: She is 1 of 7 kids in her family. She was born and raised in St. George, Utah and went to Dixie High School. After High School she decided to go and nanny for a family in New York. She loved it so much that after my dad left on his mission, she went back and nannied again. After she got married, she worked for Rocky Mountain Power so she could help support my dad as he finished school. After a few years of working there, my mom became a stay at home mom so she could be there for me and my siblings. 
My mom loves people. Especially teenagers. My friends in high school were her friends too. It is safe to say that she was just as popular as I was in high school, if not more than me haha. She was a second mom to a lot of them. My mom has a way of connecting really well to people. She was there for my friends as an example, and as an extra support system when they needed it. She is non-judgemental, and truly tries to understand. She loves everyone so much.
When my sister was young, my family had a huge scare. My sister had a silent seizure. She froze up and couldn't speak, move, or blink. As the seizure progressed, she even had trouble breathing. My mom was there by her side through the entire ordeal. There was a chance that my sister might end up with brain damage. We were all so scared for her. After her seizure, my sister ended up being just fine. But the doctors told my parents that she had Epilepsy, which means that she will have more seizures, and have them frequently. Since then, my sister has never had another seizure. But this whole story prepared my mom for her true calling in life: to become a Special Education teacher.
My mom is currently working at a local Elementary School as a Para-professional for Special Education children. My mom is a saint. She loves all the kids she works with so much, and she will do anything for them. From helping them eat to scary bathroom incidents, my mom does it all out of love. This job and these kids mean so much to her that she is currently working to get her college degree so she can help more kids in the school system. My mom works a full-time job and goes to college every day, on top of being the Young Women's president. so my siblings don't see her as often as they would like. We all understand that this is what my mom wants, and we know that it will help out family out for the better in the end, so we make do with the time that we have with her.
So basically, my mom does a lot. For our family, and for many families in the area. She is a great influence on all of the kids that she touches every day of her life. I am so lucky to have a mom as great as her in my life. She is the best thing that I could ever ask for. 
I love you mom!


My Dad:



This my my dad.
He is 1 of 5 kids in his family. What makes him stand out is the fact that he is adopted. My grandma and grandpa were told after their first child that they would not be able to have any more kids. So, they adopted my dad from California a few days after he was born. This was a blessing, because after my dad, my grandparents went on to have 3 more kids. My dad was meant to be a son of my grandparents: he just took a little detour on the way there :)
Like my mom, he was born and raised in St. George and went to Dixie High School. He and my mom actually met in high school, but they didn't know each other all that well. They went on one date before his LDS mission to Oklahoma. After that, they wrote each other all the time, and the rest is history. I am so glad my parents met each other. They are perfect for each other. They Just celebrated their 21st anniversary this past Thursday. I am so lucky to have these two lovebirds as my parents.
My dad has always been such a great leader and support for my family. From day one, he has supported my family financially, and with so much love. He is a civil engineer. He is a crazy artist though. My mom always says he should have gotten into the cartoon business and drawn for Disney. He would've done an excellent job in that business, but I'm glad he does what he does, because his job has led my family to the places we were meant to be. 
My dad has always been the jokester of the house. He makes my family laugh on a daily basis. Like my mom, he was way close to my friends in high school too. My parents were so popular out East, it's insane. My friends love them so much and miss them terribly. My dad has recently discovered that he is a diabetic. This was a shocker to everyone because he grew up with healthy sugar levels. Then about 5 or 6 years ago, he got really sick. We took him to the hospital and the doctors discovered that he had really crazy sugar levels. Thankfully, after this discovery, my dad has kept up with himself and has been healthy ever since. A few run-ins with the hospital have happened, but as far as being a diabetic goes, my dad has it down. He takes on this trial head-on and still lives life to its fullest.
I look up to my dad. He has been such a great example to me on how to overcome trials with a smile. I love him so much. 


So as you can see, I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people as my parents. I sincerely hope that one day, I will be as happy with my husband as they are with each other. I love you mom and dad. So much. Thank you for everything you two have given me in my life. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being the best examples I could ever ask for. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment