Tuesday, June 14, 2011

i love...

people. 
to be more exact, my friends that really care.




















Come to find I have lost a couple, which makes me upset...

But, life moves on. 
(doesn't mean I will just yet, but we'll see how things end up)

Is it weird that I pray for on average 10 different friends a day, individually?
I sure hope not haha.

For all of my friends out there that love me and care for me, I pray for you every day. :) 
You guys have given me the strength that I need every day, and I am so grateful for all of you!



Day Cinco: Name a Song That Describes Your Current Mood:

Impossible. There has never been just ONE song that has described what I have been feeling. Ever. I feel like this is going to be a difficult task to embark on...here we go...


I'd have to say that the song that fits my mood RIGHT MEOW would have to be the acoustic version of Suckerpunch by Envy On The Coast.

Why you might ask? For a few reasons:
1. I was just practicing a little guitar, and this is one of the songs I hope to be able to play soon.
2. Envy On The Coast will forever be one of my favorite bands.
3. My best friend, Kason, was the person that showed me this song almost 2 1/2 years ago, and to be honest I have been thinking about him a lot lately. More than usual actually. 

This song has meant a lot to me since the first time I heard it. It kind of has a sense of vulnerability that I love. And at the time that I first listened to this song, I could relate to it in some ways. The lyrics 'Look at my face, does it smile and say I'm okay'?' really used to hit home for me because for a while, I was very shy, and hid myself from people around me. I put on a face for my parents and my siblings so they wouldn't worry about me, but I was really hurting. I had went through a move across the country when I was 16. I was so upset about the move that I didn't talk to anyone, and stayed in my room by myself every day after school for about 4 months straight. This song for some reason made me feel like I wasn't the only one, and that it was okay to be sad sometimes. 

Now when I hear this song, I remember how much I have changed, and I think about my friend Kason, and how much he has helped me for the past couple of years. He is leaving on his mission in less than 3 weeks. I will miss him more than he knows. It will be weird for me to not be able to text him when I need some cheering up, or when I need advice. I know he will probably never read this, but I want him to know that I will never forget him. Kason changed my life. He is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met, and I am so grateful for him and for our friendship. He will be the best missionary these next 18 months. His love for the gospel is so strong. He is so focused on leaving that nothing is going to stop him or distract him. It is amazing for me to see how much the gospel has positively effected his life. Kason is a wonderful example to me. I am so glad that we have been friends for as long as we have. And I know we will continue to be friends forever. Love ya Kason :]


No comments:

Post a Comment